The Lector proclaims the Sacred Scripture during Sunday and/or weekday Masses.
A Lector is a lay person who:
• Is a practicing Catholic in full communion with the Church who has received First Holy Communion and Confirmation and is of good moral character.
• If married, must be in a valid marriage according to the Law of the Catholic Church.
• Possesses the ability and talent to proclaim the word of God in a clear and effective manner.
• The Term of Service is 1-3 years. You will lector once a month. After 3 years you will be asked to step down for 1 year so others may serve.
• Training sessions for Lectors are held in the Fall.
• All lectors / volunteers attend one session of VIRTUS® Protecting God's Children, sign a Code of Conduct, and complete a yearly CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) form as mandated by the Archdiocese of Boston.
Please prayerfully consider this ministry.
If you are interested in volunteering for this ministry or would like more information please contact Teresa Doyle Smith, Pastoral Associate at the Rectory (781-878-0160) or email Teresa at: [email protected]