Dear brothers and sisters, peace in the Lord Jesus!
The Lord is with us! Never doubt that we are facing this pandemic with Jesus. He says, “I have loved you with an everlasting love, so in my great mercy I draw you up to myself” (Jeremiah 31:3, translated from the Vulgate). So reach out to Him. We are His, His Church, purchased by His blood. (See I Peter 1:18 & 19). “Steadfast is His kindness towards us and the fidelity of the Lord endures forever” (Psalm 117:2).
- Let’s pray frequently, if only to use our formal prayers.
- Follow and pray the Mass via TV: Catholic TV, EWTN, WRPSTV. Holy Family will present Sunday Mass each Sunday on WRPS TV at 7:30 and 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
- Forgive and let’s ask forgiveness. Let’s be kind to those we live with and everyone we meet. Let’s speak well of all, especially those with whom we disagree.
- Let’s obey the instructions of our civil authorities for our own and others’ health and safety.
- If you have an e-mail address send it to us at [email protected]. Thus we’ll be able to communicate more efficiently.
- For up to date parish information please go to our website: www.holyfamilyrockland.org.
- Plan to mail in or drop off at the rectory your weekly offertory gift. Please realize: a serious financial crisis will develop quickly if we stop giving weekly because there are no public Masses on weekends.
- The easiest and most cost effective way to contribute weekly to the parish offertory is to go to your online bill pay and set up a recurring payment to Holy Family Parish. Please make sure on the memo line you give your name and envelope number and the word “OFFERTORY”. This will ensure that we credit your account here at Holy Family and your personal banking information stays with your bank! You may also donate online at www.holyfamilyrockland.org/give. Please call Anne Marie Kennedy at 781-878-0160 for further information.
- As far as I can see, Mary’s Chapel shall remain open 6 AM – 6 PM for prayer but only 10 people may be there at one time and we must keep at least 6 feet from each other.
- Finally Fr. Jim O’Driscoll, Fr. Valdir Lima, Fr. Kevin Hickey and I are here ready to minister for confession and spiritual counseling at your request. Please pray for us your priests and for our Archbishop, Cardinal Sean.
In Jesus’ Name with Mary’s prayers,
- Fr. Jim Hickey, Pastor