RE Update_GradesKto10_April 5_2020
Lesson for Palm Sunday, April 5, 2020
Blessings to you as we prepare for Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday (April 5, 2020). I am praying that you all are well and staying safe.
- I wanted to let you know that I have been able to update our website: holyfamilyrockland.org and have created a fairly user-friendly section for all families under the tab “Faith Formation”. In the drop-down menu you will find the student classes listed by their Grade. If you click on your child’s grade you will see links to everything that I have been sending home since we started remote learning on March 15. I am adding things daily so please start making a habit of checking here often. 😊
- The lesson this week is from the Gospel of Matthew Chapter 21 (Jesus’s Entrance into Jerusalem) and Matthew Chapter 26 & 27 (The Passion of Christ). I have attached a clip from Jesus of Nazareth that shows Jesus’ triumphant entrance into Jerusalem and the Revelation that His time on earth is almost finished.
- I have added fun activities, and support material on Holy Week on the website and attached some activities to this email.
- HOLY WEEK FAMILY PROJECT: As I was out running these last few weeks, I noticed all the wonderful rainbows the kids have made and placed on their front doors and windows. They made me smile! And, it got me to thinking, how wonderful it would be, if, on Easter Sunday morning, April 12 when we woke up, all throughout Rockland we would look around and see homes with an Easter Cross on the door or window. Reminding us, as Father Hickey so often does, that in spite of all that is happening in our world, Jesus Christ is Lord, Still! So, I am asking each family to please:
- Choose one of the crosses that I have linked to this email (the are also on the website), or better yet,
- Design a cross of your own and
- On Holy Saturday, April 11, before you go to bed, hang up your cross that your family made, either on your front door or in a prominent window.
- It could be as simple or as elaborate as you would like to make the project. There are many ideas for making crosses online too!
Once you hang up your cross would you please take a picture of it, preferably with your beautiful children in the photo and email the picture to me ([email protected]). I would love to post some of them on our website and in our church bulletin. Thank you!!
- K-8 Parents: I wanted to remind you that when you go to pull up your lessons for Grades K-8 at Blog – Pflaum Gospel Weeklies please remember that if this is your first time logging in and setting up an account you may be asked for our Holy Family account number which is 1140301.
- K-10 Parents: If the online component is proving difficult remember that I am happy to drop your child’s Gospel Weeklies (K-8), Workbook (K-8), Eucharist Workbook (2nd grade), Confirmation texts (Grades 9/10) on your porch so that you have the hard copies to work from through May 10 or if you are out getting groceries you could swing by our office and I can leave them outside for you, just let me know.
Lastly, and most important: Please make a point of watching Mass together as a family each Sunday. It is important for our children to understand that we are called to celebrate Mass now more than ever and that God never abandons us. Families have said that there was great comfort for their kids to see their Church and Father Hickey, Father O’Driscoll, the Kirby’s singing, me reading and other familiar things during the broadcast.
- Our website has a link to the current weekly Mass. It is the first slide/link that you see on our landing page. It takes you directly to the Mass. Go to www.holyfamilyrockland.org
- Holy Family Sunday Masses are being broadcast on our local cable network WRPS. You can find it on Comcast Channel 15 and Verizon Ch 32 for those who live in Rockland. It will be played back throughout the week in case you aren't able to see it on Sunday.
- If you do not get the local cable channels the Mass is also be posted on our own Holy Family YouTube channel.
We miss you! We love you! Please let us know if we can help in anyway. We continue to prayer for health and safety for all our families and offer prayers of gratitude for all those that are working around the world to aid those affected by the Coronavirus.
Yours in Christ,