Religious Education Information and Registration for Fall 2020
Religious Education Update and Class Registration Fall 2020
Blessings to each of you. Happy Autumn! As we move into Fall, know that I am praying for you as you navigate how to best help your children return to school safely, manage your own jobs, create some sense of “normalcy” in your homes and keep the myriad of other balls that we parents juggle in the air. The good news is… and it is literally THE GOOD NEWS… God is right there with you, present in your home, in the midst of your family life! We just need to call on HIM.
Just as you and I need to rely on our faith and call on the Lord to help us during these difficult days, our children also need to have their faith life nurtured. They may be anxious or afraid. They need to know that God is present, every day with them, helping them, guiding them.
Which brings me to Religious Education this Fall at Holy Family:
- The Archdiocese has asked us to start classes this year in October to give our families time in September to focus on helping children return to school.
- We will be kicking off the year with in-person meetings for a parent/guardian and your child over the first few weeks of October. We will meet for about 30 – 40 minutes in Mary’s Chapel (Lower Church) at 7:00 PM. Please see the schedule below:
Monday, October 5: Grades K and 1 3:30 PM Mary’s Chapel (Lower Church)
Monday, October 5: Grade 3 7:00 PM Mary’s Chapel (Lower Church)
Tuesday, October 6: Grades 4 and 5 7:00 PM Mary’s Chapel (Lower Church)
Wednesday, October 7: Grades 6,7 and 8 7:00 PM Mary’s Chapel (Lower Church)
Thursday, October 8: Grade 2 7:00 PM Mary’s Chapel (Lower Church)
Thursday, October 15: Grade 9 and 10 7:00 PM Mary’s Chapel (Lower Church)
- Each family will have their own pew to sit in. All families will be six feet apart. Everyone needs to wear a mask.
- I will present a brief overview of what the program will look like this year (very simple and user friendly) and hand out the Pflaum Gospel Weeklies and other materials your children will need.
- Each week I will post their lesson online (like I did all Spring). You and your child can cover what you have time for each week. (stories, videos, songs, coloring sheets, puzzles, prayers)
- There is no right or wrong – The important thing is that you don’t walk away from their faith life now. What message would that send to our young people, that God is no longer important? That their faith is unimportant?
- Catechists and I will be available via phone/email/or in person to support you as needed. Our hope is that we can return to the classroom (with social distancing in place) in the new year.
- On Sundays, for those who are comfortable, you can sign up to attend Mass at 10:00 AM as a family or you can continue to watch Mass with Father Hickey and I online to hear the Gospel story that we will have been working on in our lesson during the week.
As parents, we committed ourselves at our children’s baptism, to accept the responsibility to raise our children in the Catholic faith. I am grateful to the families who have registered their children for class. We do not have to be experts - we do not have to have all the right answers – we just have to try!
I am asking each of you to please pray about this, call me to talk about any concerns/questions you may have and then please go online to: holyfamilyrockland.org and register your child for class and join us in for our launch meetings.
If you have any questions or need more information on general Religious Education Classes K-10 or sacrament instruction for Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation, please feel free to email ([email protected]) or call the Religious Education Office (781-871-1244).
Yours in Christ,
Mrs. Liz Davis
If you choose to pay online using a credit card: Under "AMOUNT" on the form click Other and fill in your Religious Ed Fee and under "EARMARK" use the drop down menu and select Religious Education Registration Fee. In the "COMMENTS" section please type in the name of your child/children and their Grade in school. Payments may also be made by check to Holy Family Religious Ed and mailed to Holy Family Religious Ed, 403 Union Street, Rockland, MA 02370 Attn: Liz Davis. You may also pay in cash or set up a payment plan if needed.